Monday, September 24, 2007

Helping out a Brother Mason

On Sunday, 9-23-07 a few members of Union Lodge #32 got together to help out a fellow brother mason that had some water damage. Dwight Redders, Tom Beaver, Art Phillips, Russ Thompson, Brandon Elmer, Eon Lathom and Bill Lathom met at brother Thompsons house at 8am. Brother Thompson has some damaged carpet and boxes in his basement from all of the rain we had in August.

I had heard brother Thompson needed help to get this mess cleaned up. I stopped by and had a nice visit with him one evening. Brother Thompson is getting up there in age and need a little help. I even think I have talked him into coming to lodge next time. I told him I would stop by and pick him up.

I talked to our Worshipful Master Dwight and the word was spread to our brothers about the clean up day. The work went quick and was cleaned up in no time. Brother Tom Beaver used his truck and it all was hauled away.

Brother Thompson was very grateful for what we had done. This is what we Masons are all about. We help out our fellow brother Masons.

Take Care,

Brother Art Phillips
News hawk

No comments: